Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Hammer of Thor Review


Summary:

Thor's hammer is missing again. The thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon--the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds. But this time the hammer isn't just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands. If Magnus Chase and his friends can't retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn. Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer's return is the gods' worst enemy, Loki--and the price he wants is very high.

My Thoughts:

This book was one of the books that I waited all year to read, and I have to say, I can't wait to see how everything pans out.

Magnus is really, growing into himself and figuring out how to help everyone at once. He has some qualities that are similar to Percy's but yet he is still so much more of a different character, who understands things differently. With him really homing into his powers and everything that has happening to him, I am so excited to see where he ends up at the end of the series.

Sam, really needs a vacation, she is working so hard, with school and her betrothed, I am surprised she hasn't commit mass murder. Not saying that murdering people is a good thing, it just surprises me how well people can control themselves. Anyways, I am really intrigued to see how she deals with the aftermath of everything that happened to her in the last little bit.

Alex. Well, Rick really found a why to bring the LBGT+ community into his novels so that his young viewers can understand it, and in such a respectful way without seeming like it was over done. I have to say, Alex is going to kick some major ass in the next book  and I am so ready for that. Also Alex is going to have to come to terms with a lot of the shit that is happening in their lives.

This story was so fast pace. I love how pure and how much the stories follow such harsh issues and put them in a way that any child would be able to understand. I have to admit that Rick's ways of putting the different gods into a way that everyone learns something and enjoys.

So is anyone going to point out that Percy and Annabeth are going to be in the next book? Because I was only expecting to have Annabeth, with her being Magnus' cousin. But both of them? I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Rate:

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment