Saturday, October 8, 2016

All the Bright Places Review


Summery:

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly is thinking of ways to kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markley lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister's recent death.

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it's unclear who saves whom. And when they are pair up on a project to discover the 'natural wonders' of their state, both Violet and Finch make more important discoveries: its only with Violet that Finch can be himself-a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who's not such a freak after all. And it's only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink.

This is an intense, gripping novel perfect for fans of Jay Asher, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Gayle Forman, and Jenny Downham from a talented new voice in YA, Jennifer Niven.

My Thoughts:

This book caught me off guard, no I didn't cry, but I was really took by surprise since I knew that Finch wasn't doing will but it shows how fast someone can go off, without you even noticing the difference.

Violet's story, was pretty interesting and she seemed so real and her problems weren't something the author pulled out of her arse. I do not understand her situation personally, since my sister is still alive (so is my brother) but even then, I still relate to her for some reason.

Finch, was such a complex character, and even though we do read from him, it seems we didn't really know him at all, and I guess everyone feels that way. Maybe. I don't actually know. Anyways, I really enjoyed his humour and even though he is such a bad place, he doesn't let it stop him.

Rate:

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment