Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Call of the Sea Review


Summery:

Beware the Siren Song

After returning to Newfoundland from a month away at art camp, Alex is just starting to settle in when things start to sound all too familiar. For as long as they can remember, Alex and his twin brother Ben have been hearing a sweet but disturbing song in the salty East Coast air — one that only reaches them.

When Ben and Alex head out on a fishing expedition, ignoring an ominous warning from their grandfather, it’s not long before things get much worse. The brothers get into a fight on the boat, and Ben disappears suddenly without so much as a ripple. Determined to find him, Alex begins the biggest adventure of his life, armed with only his mysterious musical talent and the help of a mysterious girl named Meg.

But Alex’s best hope just might come from the same source as the song he’s been hearing since childhood — a alluring and dangerous girl he meets amid the frothing ocean waves.

My Thoughts:


I didn't want to think bad things about this book. It happens to be one of the few books that are out that takes place in my province. But after reading the book, the story line seemed very similar to another book that I have read, with reverse character genders, the stories location and some other small reasons.

First thing, the twins Ben and Alex, in my mind, I kept thinking them as another set of twins that I know personally in the town I live in. Also, people getting worked up over when Ben went missing that there was proof that he and Alex were fighting was pretty unnecessary. I mean they are brothers, and as someone who has siblings we fight, hell, who had some physical fights anyways.

Alex and Lia was so much insta love. Like oh my goodness, it was soo unnecessary for the romance to happen that fast. They only really meet and knew each others names this book and by halfway they were declaring their love for each other, ugh, it would have been so much better if it wasn't like that.

I actually liked Meg, I know she was technically the 'bad guy', but she was so much more interesting and could take over the goddamn world. I would love to see the story form herr point of vie, since we have no really idea of her motives or anything.

Rate:

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment