Thursday, August 4, 2016

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour Review


Summery:

Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. His mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip-and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar-especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory-but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.


My Thoughts:

So I finally read this book, I heard good things about it and my best friend really enjoyed this book, considering she wants to read more of Morgan Matson's books. Anyways, it was pretty good, it isn't something at this point of my life I would reread, but it was pretty good.

So my eyes kept water when I was reading the book. I guess it was the snippets of the relationship between her and her father before he past on reminded me of me and my dad. The connected through music and for them it was Elvis. For me and my dad it is rock, or heavy metal. My siblings like Amy's, don't really understand that music, or enjoy it.

Amy in general I didn't really like. When I first started reading this book she annoyed me in the little ways and I didn't really understand why. Until I found out that she didn't know who Guns 'n' Roses was. Goodness, that broke my rock loving heart.

Roger was pretty cool, I didn't really get why he spent so much of Amy's and his time trying to find and talk to his ex-girlfriend about maybe getting back together but ended up just telling her good bye? Like why didn't you just text her everything? I don't know. I do in fact like his music taste, it was very good.

Rate:

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment