Saturday, May 28, 2016

Days of Blood and Starlight Review


Summery:

Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

This is not that world.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is-and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone. Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood and Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as as age-old war stirs back to life.

But can hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?

My Thoughts:

I wish I read this book right after I finished the first one. That is the first thing that I have to say. I regret waiting, I found that because I took time away from the story I had a hard time getting back in, which in my boo was quite annoying.

Karou was a different character at the beginning of the this book then she was at the beginning of the first book. Her character development even in these two books was so amazing and can't wait to see more from her. I also can't wait to see how this war goes.

Akiva, my poor child. I am so pissed about his brother's death. Dammit, I liked that character and Akiva's relationship with his siblings were something we didn't get to see in the first book, but definitely got to see in the second.

Rate:

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment