Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Blackthorn Key Review


Summery:

"Tell no one what I've given you."

Until he got that cryptic warning, Christopher Rowe was happy, learning how to solve complex codes and puzzles and creating powerful medicines, potions, and weapons as an apprentice to Master Benedict Blackthorn-with maybe an explosion or two along the way.

But when a mysterious cult begins to prey on London's apothecaries, the trail of murders grows closer and closer to Blackthorn's shop. With time running out, Christopher must use every skill he's learned to discover the key to a terrible secret with the power to tear the world apart.

My Thoughts:

This book was the first middle grade, I read since The Sword of Summer. I am pretty sure. Anyways, it was really good and I read it pretty quickly. I loved how the story was written and the fact that the freaking book had a warning.

Christopher was a really good protagonist. Even though we did read from his point of view, you didn't really know where he was going with his ideas and what kind of shit he will be doing. He was also a really clever character and he did manage to trick and outsmart the antagonist at the end of the book on his own.

Master Benedict Blackthorn was an amazing character before he died and considering the little amount of time we did actually get to see him interacting with Christopher. He would treat Christopher with so much trust and respect compared to other masters to there apprentices.

Tom, Christopher's best friend, is such an amazing character. I loved how loyal and much he remained me of some of my really close friends. He did things to protect Christopher even though he would have to suffer from his decision.

Rate:

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment