Thursday, April 28, 2016

Second Chance Summer Review


Summery:

Taylor Edwards' family might not be the closest-knit-everybody is a little too busy and over scheduled-but for the most part, they get along just fine. Then Taylor's dad gets devastating news, and her parents decide that the family will spend one last summer all together a their old lake house in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought sh had left behind haven't actually gone anywhere. Her former best friend is still around, as is her first boyfriend...and he's much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses and the Edwards become more of a family, they're more aware than ever that they're battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance-with family, with friends, and with love.

My Thoughts:

This book is probably really high up on my favourite contempary books list. Which is kind of hard since for one, I don't like contempary books and two I don't read contempary books. I would recommend this book for those who do normal read these kind of books though.

Taylor was a real character. She had many dimentions and that made her seem like a real character, she wasn't always ready to face her problems head on, which has to be something I relate to a lot.

Her family is also really easy to relate to as well. Now my dad is still alive so I don't know what that feels like but I do understand the 'everyone in the family does different things so you don't see them that often' thing. All families are like that, it is what makes us human.

The book was really slowly paced for me. I need more action and shit going on at one time. It is too difficult if not.

Rate:

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment