Monday, March 7, 2016

The Ask and the Answer Review


Summery:

We were in the square, in the square where I'd run, holding her, telling her to stay alive, stay alive till we got safe, till we got to Haven so I could save her-But there weren't no safety, no safety at all, thee was just him and his men...

Fleeing before a relentless army, Todd has carried a desperately wounded Viola right into the hands of their worst enemy, Mayor Prentiss. Immediately separated from Viola and imprisoned, Todd is forced to learn the ways of the Mayor's new order. But what secrets are hiding just outside of town? And where is Viola? Is she even alive? And who are the mysterious Answer? And then, one day, the bombs begin to explode...

'The Ask an the Answer' is a tense, shocking and deeply moving novel of resistance under the most extreme pressure. This is the second title in the 'Chaos Walking' trilogy.

My Thoughts:

This book took me longer then normal to read. Normally books would take me a couple days, but this one took me a couple weeks. It wasn't that it was a bad book book, it just was really slow at the beginning and it took me awhile to get use to the story again.

I feel like, even though he wasn't a main character, I have to address Davy's extreme character development from the first book. He was a tad bit of an asshole, and during this book I found that I saw more into his character. I am so angry that his freaking father was so, ugh, selfish that he would kill him and that scene made me feel the feels.

Todd to me went from chill to what the hell are you doing child, back to chill in this complete book. It was a tad unnerving how crazy or whatever he was like whenever he would do the 'I am the circle and the circle is me' shit.

Viola was actually a character that I enjoyed to read from. I was excited to see what is going on with her side, with the Answer and crap. She was so into finding out the truth, and unlike Todd she didn't fall for bullshit or let things as easily as Todd does.

Rate:

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment