Friday, December 11, 2015

Me an Earl and the Dying Girl Review


Summery:

Greg Gaines is the last master of high school espionage, able to disappear at will into any social environment. He has only has one friend, Earl, and together they spend their time making movies, their own incomprehensible versions of Coppola and Herzog cult classics.

Until Greg's mother forces him to rekindle his childhood friendship with Rachel.

Rachel has been diagnosed with leukemia-cue extreme adolescent awkwardness-but a parental mandate had bee issued and must be obeyed. When Rachel stops treatment, Greg and Earl decide he thing to do is to make a film for her, which turns into the Worst Film Ever Made and becomes a turning point in each of their lives.

And all at once Greg must abandon invisibility and stand in the spotlight.

My Thoughts:

I didn't really like this book. I know how a lot of people think that it is a good book, but I found that really fell flat for me. Keep in mind that I don't really like contemporary books to a certain extant.

There were a lot of stuff in it that made me extremely uncomfortable. The use of gross words for women's private areas. Like this is suppose to be an young adult book, and I know nobody who uses those words.

I didn't really like Greg. He was kind of a heartless bitch. 'Oh, Rachel has cancer, I am going to try and lighten the area with jokes that people want to throw rocks at me for.'

Earl was one special cupcake. I didn't really like him either but I liked him more then Greg. He was kind to Rachel even through he didn't really know her, which is more then I can say for Greg.

Rate:

2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment