Thursday, December 3, 2015

Champion Review


Summery:

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic-and each other-and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government's elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a pace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic's border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country's defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu's bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.

My Thoughts:

I loved this book! I found it was a fantastic way to finish the trilogy. I was so into the plot the entire story and I couldn't wait to finish it.

June was so complex and confident during this novel. She didn't follow as much as she did in the previous two books. She didn't let everyone go over her if it went against what she believed in. Also her and Day's relationship really developed and they were a lot closer and understanding to each other.

Day, oh my god. At the end of Prodigy we find out that Day is dying and he doesn't tell June. He is going though these treatments but it isn't going well. Ugh and then he ends up getting shot. When he comes out of the risky treatment alive I was so relieved. Until I found out that he didn't remember June.

Eden was such a sweetheart and really told up his brother at times. I liked how he can get Day to do stuff that if someone else asked him, he would say no. Also he was really supportive and understanding since he is the younger sibling.

I think the ending worked with this book so well. Them meeting again all those years later and Day almost immediately recognizing her even through he doesn't remember her name. Oh my feels.

Rate:

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment