Friday, October 30, 2015

The Sword of Summer Review


Summery:

Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother's mysterious death, he's lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.

One day, he's tracked down by a man he's never met-a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son off a Norse god.

The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.

When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.

Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die...

My Thoughts:

This book I have been waiting to read for about a year now and I am so excited to finally get a chance to read it. I am going to try and not make this extremely long but whatever.

Magnus is one of the more stupidest book characters I have ever read about. Wow that was very blunt, I have to admit. He is not really stupid but what he does makes you wonder how he is related to Annabeth. Yeah that is right, Magnus is related to the one and only Annabeth Chase. He goes through a lot of different and over all crazy crap throughout this book and it only the beginning since this is in fact the first book in a trilogy.

Sam was fantastic. I love how Rick always puts different religions in his stories. In this case, Sam is a Muslim. She has amazing back story, which we see and we find out how connected to the godly crap she really is. She also tries to live a double life, helping out with the Norse gods and hanging out with her family.She also can beat the shit out of anyone who picks on her. I also like that even though her father is Loki, she doesn't let anyone judge her for it.

Hearth and Blitz were very wonderful and kind towards Magnus. Hearth. Oh my gods, he does not deserve all the shit that he is given throughout this novel. I don't care how he feels towards his parents, but to me, they should not have treated their son like that. Blitz on the other hand, yes, you follow your dreams and work for fashion.

I feel like that Jack the talking sword of summer, should be protected. He has such funny one liners and opinions that kind of remind me of Leo Valdez. Also the Wolf scene was really crazy and very exhausting to read.

Can we talk about Magnus and Annabeth's little talk together? And the whole, 'I want to protect you thing' was so perfect. Like come on Magnus you don't know what she goes though during her day to day bases.

Randolph's whole working for Loki thing was such a plot twist. I didn't really expected him to be working for someone, instead I thought he was pretty honest.

Rate:

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment