Saturday, September 5, 2015

Tiger's Curse Review



Summery:

Passion. Fate. Loyalty.

Would you risk it all to change your destiny?

The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that is exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what is seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

Tiger's Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.

My Thoughts:

I really did like the concept of this novel. But like everyone in the book lover community, I had several things that I could not stand at all. Don't worry though, I do have quite a few things that I did enjoy. Lets start with the things I did not like, shall we?

I absolutely hated the love triangle. It just completely frustrated me. Like the love triangle kind of ruined the book for me. One minute she was making out with Ren and the next she was chilling with Kishan. Come on! They are brothers! Ugh, it just was so irritating to me.

I also didn't really like how much Ren and Kelsey argued about the most stupidest things at the most irreverent times. Seriously you don't need to start a fight about literally everything.

I didn't like those things but there are some things I did like. For example, I really liked the idea of the tiger, human thing. It was really cool how the curse worked, that is what I am trying to say. I liked how the curse was delivered and that it had the time limit.

The characters were really good by themselves. Like I said, I didn't like the love triangle. Ren was such a caring, mysterious person. To be honest I found him to be a bit of a jerk, but it was okay because I think he had some valued reasons. Kishan was different, I didn't find him very kind or caring, I found him to be a bit of an ass. Kelsey, I really have to say was my favourite character. She was just so much easier to like then the other characters, it just hard to explain.

The Indian culture and languages were weaved into the story really well I have to say. It was pretty cool how it was brought into the story really amazingly.

My Rate:

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment