Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Heir of Fire Review


Summery:

She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.

Celaena Sardothien has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak-but at an unspeakable cost. Now she most travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth, a truth about her heritage that could change her life-and her future-forever.

Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. To defeat them, Celaena must fin the strength to not just fight her inner demons but to battle the evil that is about to be unleashed.

The king's assassin takes on an even greater destiny and burns brighter that ever before in this follow-up the the New York Times bestselling Crown of Midnight.


My Thoughts:

Holy Crap. I did not expect that ending. Okay gathering thoughts, now lets do this. This book didn't make sense for a bit since they kept switching POV (at pretty terrible times I must point out). I didn't get some of the character views we got, (Manon) but once I got past that part I started to get really into the story and seeing relationships develop-Dorian and Chaol's-not to mention the character development. We also got a bunch of new characters that I can't wait to talk about.

Dorian's and Chaol's friendship was pretty much in ruins at the end of Crown of Midnight and at the beginning of this novel. But as we continued on we got to see that they still cared for each other and that they would sacrifice a lot to protect each other. Dorian's sacrifice that he did for Chaol really warmed my heart and I can't wait to see what happens post to that move.

Along with that we also got to see a lot of development to Celaena. At the beginning of the series she was hiding her identity, at the end of this novel she was announcing it. She went through a lot of her fears and dealt with a lot of self-discover crap throughout this novel, and found out how strong she really is. Also her whole finding her fill extent of her powers was super cool.

Along with all of this development we got a lot of new characters. Thankfully only three really stuck out to me. So at the beginning we meet Fae Rowan. Rowan trains and I guess falls a bit for Celaena (or Aelin). He is very, very different from any character I have ever seen/read and I can't wait to see how things go for him. Manon, I didn't get why she was brought into this book and to be honest I mostly just skimmed over her parts. I guess I will find out who the heck she is in Queen of Shadows. Sorcha. Poor, poor Sorcha. She was brought into this novel and was killed in this novel, she really did not deserve it. I really liked her too!

Dorian and Celaena met before! I could not understand, but I have this theory that Dorian remembers her form when they met so that is how he knew who she was and everything. It is obvious that she remembers him, so why not the other way around!

My Rate:

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment