Thursday, September 10, 2015

Queen of Shadows Review


Summery:

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire-for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past...

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepare to die to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena's epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena's story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.

My Thoughts:

This book, holy crap. That was crazy. I can definitely admit that this book made me feel all the feels and holy crap that was not necessary to have in the book.

Dorian. Oh poor baby. I was so afraid that he would have been killed in this book. We had many, many, near death for him, and the times were we saw it from his view it broke my heart. He waited to die! He waited everyone who tried to kill him to do it! My poor, poor heart. Anyways the way he got out of the control of his father was amazing. It was so fantastic. Like, don't you dare tell me the Chaol is dead, fight me. That was an amazing way for him to come out of his mind control, it wasn't love/crush, it was his friendship with Chaol that saved him.

Aelin was very powerful in multiply ways throughout this installment. I liked how we got to see into her mind more and go a bit more deeper into how she feels about what is going on around her. I feel like her Reunion with Aedion was so amazing and so perfect. I liked how we say how easy it was for her to pretend to be someone she wasn't, it was kind of scary how easy it was for her.

Chaol was more free in his decisions in this book, he also was a lot more relate able and much more...easier to understand. I felt that his choices and  decisions  were a lot more reasonable then the other books. You see who he is really loyal to in this book, loyal to Dorian. I like how he is developing a relationship with Nesyrin. Which unlike some people I  really think that it would be a good for him.

Rowan and Aedion's bromance. Oh my god that was beautiful. I really liked how at first they were ready to fight each other at all times and at the end they were consider each other brothers. I can't help it! It was just a really nice relationship.

The other to characters/parts that I would like to mention is and associated with Lyssandra and Elide, the more newer characters. Let's start with Lyssandra, I really liked how she become friends with Aelin, they both really needed it. Also her being a freaking Shapeshifter was so cool. Elide on the other hand was...different, I think she is half witch/half fae. She also went through a lot of crap to get as far as she did and I was so happy when she left her uncle.

My Rate: 

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment